[fpc-devel] Determin file size - how?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Dec 19 11:16:29 CET 2011

> >> There is no reason it can't work within the Lazarus IDE.
> >
> > I did not understand what Marco meant by "the lazarus internal help
> > registration". Docview does do context sensitive help in the Editor, but
>
> He meant for help inside the IDE dialogs.

No I didn't. There is a helpsystem (for all help) abstraction inside
Lazarus. docview bypasses that. This means that having docview and
some other helpfile type can't be searched together, while in the case of
CHM it can.

I'm not sure that is a good thing though.

> that is just a stupid point to raise, because Lazarus IDE help is ONLY
> available online in the wiki site. So neither LHelp (or any other CHM
> viewer) or DocView (INF viewer) is much use there - until Lazarus IDE
> actually uses a help format better suited than the wiki site.

The wiki help used to be downloadable using a tool, but that failed after a
wiki engine update (or some other anti-bot/spam measure in the
engine/webserver)

Otherwise I would have already transformed the help into CHM.