[fpc-devel] NowUTC in the RTL

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Dec 9 15:11:22 CET 2011

In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:
> > for it ...
>
> I have this on my todo list.
>
> The main problem is that I don't know yet if it is Linux-specific or Posix.
> That will determine which unit it will be added to. Maybe Marco knows more ?

No idea.

But maybe IMHO this kind of stuff should remain out of sysutils, certainly now
it is not entirely clear, and people are still searching for solutions.

Sysutils should only contain stuff that is absolutely certain to be
portable.

And if it is outside of sysutils, it can also link to libc on *nix.

So IMHO, stuff it in fcl-base as "timerutils" or so, let it link to libc,
basta. I don't see the need for it in the core subset, and neither the need
to do it all manually.