[fpc-devel] FPC-JVM: Status report on Android

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Aug 31 22:59:27 CEST 2011

On 31 Aug 2011, at 22:44, Sven Barth wrote:

> No, the end is missing as well.
> If I change the unit output path to something like "output" (something short) though, then the "4.j" is printed. Besides that the content of the ppas file is completely different in both cases... it nearly looks as if some RAM garbage is printed... I've run it a third time and the ppas.sh is again different.
> Didn't you change something in the string handling?

Ah, yes, it's possible that something is now broken in the non-JVM RTLs regarding string handling, I didn't test those thoroughly yet (only make fullcyle). I'm using a ppcjvm that's built using a simple "make all PPC_TARGET=jvm" in the compiler dir, so it's compiled using the default compiler's RTL rather than using the RTL in of the fpc-jvm branch.

I'll do a testsuite run to see whether I introduced any bugs in the string handling, but to test the Android stuff you can also use a compiler compiled against another RTL for now.

Jonas