[fpc-devel] DIFF patch for changing to table driven processor definitions for ARM

Florian Klämpfl florian at freepascal.org
Thu Aug 25 23:50:47 CEST 2011

Am 23.08.2011 17:56, schrieb John Clymer:
> If there are no major objections or blatant errors I've missed, could
> someone post this to the repository - or give me some directions to do so.

Thanks for your work! I have committed your changes slightly modified to
svn in rev. 18848. What I changed is basically the arm architecture
handling: Building for arm-embedded now always requires to pass SUBARCH
to make, e.g.
make all OS_TARGET=embedded CPU_TARGET=arm SUBARCH=cortexm3
Depending on SUBARCH, the right switches are passed to the compiler and
only the fitting cpu interface units are built. If no SUBARCH is given,
make will complain. It is on purpose, that no default is set, so people
have really to choose a certain subarch.