[fpc-devel] New FPC target: JVM

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Aug 21 15:09:35 CEST 2011

On 21 Aug 2011, at 13:45, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> One thing which I am curious: What is the main use case which led to this work?

Application servers (usually web server backends). And the fact that it prepares the compiler for an LLVM backend: Java byte code is less strict about types than LLVM byte code (e.g. Java byte code does not specify full type information for temporary values, while LLVM byte code does), so it was a good first step to finally get things moving.

Jonas