[fpc-devel] Delphi XE2 uses FPC for iOS target

Dariusz Mazur darekm at emadar.com
Fri Aug 12 10:52:29 CEST 2011

> Even if KSD or now FireMonkey supports ARM Linux this does not mean
> anything for Android. While Android does support native Linux
> applications it does not have a X server. Currently the only possibility
> for this is to run a X server through a VNC viewer and thus you can not
> reproduce the usual feel of an Android application.

I prefer other approach. My application have webapp with embedded http
server, crosscompiled to ARM as Android library
Whole GUI act in webview
(http://developer.android.com/reference/android/webkit/WebView.html )
Only small Jni is needed to loadlibrary

For me browser has more capabilities than native widgets. With full css3
support i can use gradient background, rounded corners etc.
HTML5 today is most powerful attempt to  GUI : fast,full-featured,
multiplaftorm, OS agnostic,

And more important for me: the same code I can use on several OS:
Android, WebOs, Linux, Windows, .. iOs ( I hope that  FPC will be able
to crosscompile to iOs soon),  server can be embedded or standalone

It work on toy tablet with android 2.1 and Samsung Galaxy , then same as
on desktop computers.

--
   Darek