[fpc-devel] Delphi XE2 uses FPC for iOS target

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Thu Aug 11 16:24:30 CEST 2011

> > While Android does support native Linux applications it
> does not have
> > a X server. Currently the only possibility for this is to run a X
> > server through a VNC viewer and thus you can not reproduce
> the usual
> > feel of an Android application. For that you'd need to write a Java
> > bridge.
> >
> I read in several publications that there is QT for Android (e.g. by
> Bogdan Vatra (
> http://www.osnews.com/story/23022/Qt_on_Android_the_Bogdan_Vat
ra_Interview/
) or http://gitorious.org/~taipan/qt/android-lighthouse ,
http://gitorious.org/~taipan/qt-creator/android-qt-creator ,
http://www.androidpit.de/de/android/blog/391847/Qt-Portierung-fuer-Android-i
n-der-Entwicklung
). I don't know wheter same uses an X-server that is to be installed on
the device, or some other means to do the Graphics etc, but it should be
doable to use a similar way to provide an APIU for KSD to use.

According to http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/02/28/necessitas/#comment-19682
the qt port uses the framebuffer driver. There is also a qt port for iOS in
the making. No need to run after KSD...

Ludo