[fpc-devel] Delphi XE2 uses FPC for iOS target

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 8 22:00:46 CEST 2011

On 08.08.2011 12:48, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 08/06/2011 12:16 PM, Jonas Maebe wrote:
>> So it's just a stopgap solution for them until they have time to build
>> their own ARM compiler,
> They continue to use the product from RemObject as their .Net compiler
> :). So I suppose they are not in a hurry (in case that FPC works as
> expected, which nobody doubts.)

I better hope they continue to use RemObject's .NET compiler...
Delphi.NET was a death-birth and that should not be repeated. At least
Embarcadero has admitted that way that someone else has built a better
compiler for that platform. It will be interesting to see whether they
want to license Cooper, RemObject's upcoming Pascal compiler for Java,
as well; their plans to support Android as well in the future could mean
this.

Regards,
Sven