[fpc-devel] Delphi XE2 uses FPC for iOS target

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sat Aug 6 12:16:09 CEST 2011

Hi,

See http://delphimax.wordpress.com/2011/08/04/delphi-64bit-os-x-and-iphone-native/#comment-743 and http://delphimax.wordpress.com/2011/08/04/delphi-64bit-os-x-and-iphone-native/#comment-749 (Michael Swindell works for Embarcadero):

"Re FPC, we will be coming out with a Delphi ARM compiler at some point, but we're appreciative that FPC is available today for ARM/iOS and we were able to leverage to get FireMonkey to iOS."

So it's just a stopgap solution for them until they have time to build their own ARM compiler, but the fact that they will ship FPC definitely serves as a testament to its quality :) Very cool!

Jonas