[fpc-devel] FPC 2.6.x branched, trunk becomes 2.7.1

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Fri Aug 5 12:19:26 CEST 2011

> That's why we have snapshots. The main purpose of a release is to have
> something that is stable and which doesn't break previously working
> code (except in known cases documented at
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/User_Changes_Trunk ).
Are there published some rules, what breakage is acceptable, what not etc. ?
Is it sufficient to only publish it in User_Changes_Trunk or there must
be simple way (switch or something) how to restore old behavior ?
I am asking, because one my patch already commited can lead to such
situation, where old application recompiled with new FPC and accessed
"old" SQLite database in some special cases can behave "unexpected" (in
other word patch is not 100% backward compatible).
Thanks
-Laco.