[fpc-devel] negative TDateTime values and MinDateTime

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Aug 4 18:27:40 CEST 2011

Michael Schnell schrieb:

>> Even so, does that mean we can't write software with FPC for use by
>> Historian's where they might catalog artifacts with a date less that
>> Year 100?  I haven't tested, but if so, that's terrible.
>
> Hmm . What week-day and what month was day 1.000.000 BC ?

The date representation by floating point numbers has a big advantage
here: far away dates loose accuracy, so that it will be impossible to
specify a time, or even specific days in such a date :-)

> Did the Dinosaurs work that day even if it was a Sunday ?

We may end up with an answer like "42" (+- some billion years) for the
date of the big bang, due to that inaccuracy. Isn't it nice how IT
denies more concrete calculations, and consequently is neutral in
disputes about the origin of the universe? ;-)

DoDi