[fpc-devel] negative TDateTime values and MinDateTime

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Aug 3 09:18:52 CEST 2011

On 08/03/2011 06:55 AM, LacaK wrote:
> Jonas Maebe  wrote / napĂ­sal(a):
>>
>> On 02 Aug 2011, at 13:45, LacaK wrote:
>>
>>> What do you think, can we change MinDateTime from -693593.0 to
>>> -693594.0;
>>> (to accept 01/01/0001 23:59:59.999)

Negative dates are problematic as Year 0 officially does not exist. the
first day of Year 1 is directly preceded by the last day of year 1 BC.

Many years ago I wrote a set of date handling functions for Jedi. Those
became obsolete when a newer Delphi VCL version included a much improved
set of date function. Maybe some of my old stuff (e.g. handling of
negative dates) might still be of some interest.

-Michael