[fpc-devel] Can't build FPC what can be a reason?

Paul Ishenin ip at kmiac.ru
Wed Apr 20 08:37:18 CEST 2011

15.04.2011 19:54, Paul Ishenin wrote:
> 13.04.2011 8:12, Paul Ishenin wrote:
>> make clean all OPT="-g -gl -gw -godwarfsets"
>>
>> I do it also on Windows 7/win32.
>>
>> I tried both 2.4.4 and 2.5.1 as the starting compiler.
> this compiles: make clean all
> this does not: make clean all OPT="-gwl"

I made another trial to find the reason today. In dbgdwarf.pas in
TDebugInfoDwarf.appendsym_const_member I commented the next lines of code:

constset:
begin
   AddConstToAbbrev(ord(DW_FORM_block1));

current_asmdata.asmlists[al_dwarf_info].concat(tai_const.create_8bit(usedef.size));
{
   i:=0;
   size:=sym.constdef.size;
   while (i<size) do
     begin

current_asmdata.asmlists[al_dwarf_info].concat(tai_const.create_8bit((pbyte(sym.value.valueptr+i)^)));
       inc(i);
     end;
}
end;

After that make cycle finished without errors. I found this piece of
code because the byte which differ every time was located after
"ENDTOKENS" string in the executable.

ENDTOKENS is declared in pbase.pas as
const
  endtokens = [_SEMICOLON,_END,_ELSE,_UNTIL,_EXCEPT,_FINALLY];

Maybe this happen because ttoken contains > 256 elements and we do
pbyte(sym.value.valueptr+i)^ ?

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin