[fpc-devel] Announcement: Free Pascal Compiler Delphi XEPortProject

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Apr 14 15:12:47 CEST 2011

Skybuck Flying schrieb:

> Anyway if somebody could take a look at all of this and make some sense
> of it that would be great/nice, saves me some time and could clear some
> confusion (?) ;)

Before looking at your code, I'd know the role that your project plays
at all. Is it only about making the FPC code compilable by Delphi, as
the first stage in the FPC bootstrap?

In this case it would be easier to use an older Delphi commandline
compiler, from the time before the Ansi-To-Unicode move, or simply an
legacy FPC. You also could try to make the FPC sources compile by gcc -
but I'd delay any such attempts to the time, when there doesn't exist
any immediately applicable compiler any more.

DoDi