[fpc-devel] Android native application with local webserver

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Apr 14 09:38:12 CEST 2011

On 04/13/2011 11:11 PM, darekm at emadar.com wrote:
> Hello
> I finish first stage to move my webapp as native Android application.
> Its consists one java file with declaration webWiew, and all rest, written
> in FPC, is build as library. Of course start is thought jni, but after
> that http server (based on Synapse) is started, and build in browser can
> play with them.

Sounds great.

So your way to overcome the native-code <-> user interface barrier on
Android is to make the apllication a web server and access it via the
browser ?

I understand the executable has a built-in web server, so it is _not_ a
CGI. Correct ?

Did you already succeed in managing the usual obstacles of this:
creating timers, notifying the main thread from worker threads, doing
application initiated "active" user notifications on the web-page ?

Thanks a lot !
-Michael