[fpc-devel] Patches

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 20:21:22 CEST 2010

2010/9/30 Adem <listmember at letterboxes.org>:

>>> It is only more logical/sensible to bring together all these
>>>  one-instance global objects into a one-instance global object, instead of
>>> having them scattered all around the place.
>>
>> I hope you are joking ...
>
> I have read the above sentence (of mine) a few times over; and I seriously
> cannot see why I should be expected to be joking.
>
> Could someone tell me what advantage there can ever be in/of having global
> variables scattered all around the place.

Well, global variables are going to be all over the place and will be
declared in the scope of the unit where they are established.  It
establishes their "belonging" in the unit/module in which they
are/were declared :-)

I think that the assertion of taking variables (just because they are
global) and placing them in one unit file is indeed funny.