[fpc-devel] RIP NoGlobals

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Sep 30 02:44:43 CEST 2010

Mattias Gaertner schrieb:

> While touching the fpc sources I often got a compile
> error which was "fixed" by compiling a second time.
> Is this normal?

Sometimes I get very strange error messages, about types that are not
used in the indicated locations.

There exist more possible problems, with the data types stored in the
.ppu files. E.g. an exception counter is stored as a byte, but an
integer is used throughout the remaining code. I dunno how inlines or
generics are involved (where generics are not used in the compiler itself).

DoDi