[fpc-devel] FPC/Lazarus Rebuild performance

Florian Klämpfl florian at freepascal.org
Sat Sep 11 21:10:20 CEST 2010

Am 11.09.2010 20:50, schrieb Martin Schreiber:
> On Saturday 11 September 2010 20:27:46 Florian Klämpfl wrote:
>>
>> What machine? Because with hot disk cache, I just build MSEide in about
>> 10 s (15 s cold) on W7 64 Bit:
>>
> The same as for all other tests,
> win2000, AMD Athlon XP 3000+, 1GB RAM

>> Linking mseidefp.exe
>> 308574 lines compiled, 10.6 sec , 2577952 bytes code, 1618920 bytes data
>
> Then Delphi7 probably uses about 1 sec on your machine. ;-)

mseide.pas(63)
280491 lines, 2.18 seconds, 2110568 bytes code, 752073 bytes data.

Anyways, before this ends in an endless discussion: if anybody is
interested in improving FPC compilation speed (for my needs is
sufficient) and have a look at fillchar and, have a look at FPC's unit
classes etc. are restored). This two points are bottlenecks which might
help when they are improved, though it's pretty unlikely that this will
improve things more than a few percent.