[fpc-devel] FPC/Lazarus Rebuild performance

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 12:23:36 CEST 2010

On Saturday, 11. September 2010 11.32:38 Jonas Maebe wrote:

> So yes, FPC is slower than Delphi. Would parallelising FPC reduce the speed
> gap?

Because the gap is so big I think not substantial.
Given that (please correct me if I am wrong):

- FPC bottleneck is disk IO and not compiler logic and calculation.
- Delphi is much faster than FPC.

-> Delphi uses a file access approach which performs much better than the
approach of FPC.

or it isn't true that FPC bottleneck is disk IO. Are we absolutely sure about
the bottleneck?

Martin