[fpc-devel] FPC 2.4.2 RC1 available

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Oct 22 18:20:08 CEST 2010

Jonas Maebe wrote:
> On 22 Oct 2010, at 16:35, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 22 Oct 2010, Jonas Maebe wrote:
>>
>>> The dependencies are specified in the Makefiles themselves.
>>
>> But manually, if I'm correct ?
>
> Yes.
>
>> But what happens if 2 units use each other ?
>
> The dependencies are specified at the package level, not at the unit
> level. A package is either compiled completely sequentially, or
> completely in parallel (if none of the units depend on others, like with
> univint package).

Please note that I'm not complaining, merely reporting what I've seen.
I've not checked yet to what extent the build will recover if restarted,
I think I remember a Linux kernel build failing in some cases on large
systems but sorting itself out if the make command was rerun.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk