[fpc-devel] unit tests for RTL & FCL + 2 patches

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 15:54:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

Florian mentioned that the compiler is well tested, and I can see there are
many .pp files in the src/tests/ hierarchy.

Where would I look for the RTL and FCL unit tests? Is it the code in
<src>/tests/test/units/fpcunit/?  If so, is that all of them, or is there
another directory (eg: maybe for FCL) somewhere?

Also attached are two patches for the <src>/tests/test/units/fpcunit/ project.

patch 001:  Allows FPC 2.5.1 to actually compile the test suite

patch 002:  Changes lazarus project file options
             - session information is stored in separate .lps file
             - a unit output director to support multiple targets
             - a defined output filename that is easily accessible

PS:
I gather there is no automated running of the above test suites anywhere -
like there is for the compiler tests?

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/