[fpc-devel] Alternative parsers

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Oct 19 12:33:10 CEST 2010

On 19 Oct 2010, at 12:23, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Op 2010-10-19 11:43, Jonas Maebe het geskryf:
>>
>> I'm not sure how that's related to the merge I did.
>> DefaultSystemCodePage is a system unit variable that was introduced in
>> the cpstrnew branch.
>
> What good is a merge that breaks the compiling of the compiler?

As I said, your problem is unrelated to the merge, and the merge did not break compiling the compiler. Prior to the merge, DefaultSystemCodePage was
a)  already in the RTL of the cpstrnew branch
b)  already used in the compiler of the cpstrnew branch.

If everything compiled fine for you before, then maybe you had a compiled version of the cpstrnew branch somewhere that is no longer used now (maybe because a ppu version changed, or because it wasn't compiled with -Ur and the compiler is finding new versions of RTL sources, ...).

> I simply loaded up the compiler/ppx86_64.lpi project, set the compiler to
> be used by Lazarus IDE, and clicked Build All. I didn't even get as far as
> compiling the RTL - I'm just trying to build the compiler itself, which
> worked before the merge. I have a separate script which uses the new
> compiler to build the RTL of that branch, but like I said, I haven't even
> gotten that far.

As mentioned in other mails, the compilation order is "first the new RTL, then the new compiler"

Jonas