[fpc-devel] Added new target to fpmake

Darius Blaszyk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Sat Nov 27 11:42:22 CET 2010

> > I've been thinking about the folder structure for fpdoc xml files.
> > Analog to bin and example files I would like to have the xml files in
> > the default location called fpdoc. The output will be sent to the folder
> > called docs. From where they can be installed. Of course the locations
> > should be overidable.
>
> That concept seems OK to me.
> Maybe --descr-folder and --doc-folder options need to be made then.
Indeed.

> > Regarding Marco's comment on Mantis however I'm not sure it will be
> > possible to link xml and sourcefiles automatically, therefore I'm not
> > sure it could work with a default fpdoc folder. Some comments would be
> > appreciated.
>
> ? Not sure I understand wat you mean here. Marco's remark is about order of the units.
> What does that have to do with linking XML and source automatically ?
If we link xml and source files automatically there is no way
guaranteeing the order. That was my concern. The current implementation
forces the order because it follows the order in which doc files were
added in fpmake.pp. But if we adhere to this method, then there is no
"special" need for a fpdoc folder.

Darius