[fpc-devel] Component FTag and Tag should be int64

Sergei Gorelkin sergei_gorelkin at mail.ru
Tue Nov 23 18:50:31 CET 2010

Andrew Brunner пишет:
> Ok.
>
> First off tag should be revised to match Delphi.
>
> Second.  I need data property on Tcomponent
>
> I propose having an additional directive for this mechanism kind of like the option for using large strings.  Components have data property.  This way I can just get it into the Laz dialog.
>
> How about that?

If we start adding new properties, directives, keywords etc on every such request, the end result
will deserve only placing into trash.
TComponent already allows
a) Using Tag property to store indices into array or other container of data of any type;
b) Using Components property to store any number of child components, which are owned, named, can
notify and be notified of insertion and deletion.

Regarding the Tag type, the fact we're tied up with that "Delphi compatibility" is quite
unfortunate. I wonder how they are going to maintain compatibility between 32 and 64 bit versions.

Regards,
Sergei