[fpc-devel] Interface scope incompatibility with Delphi

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 10:56:50 CET 2010

Op 2010-11-10 11:42, Florian Klaempfl het geskryf:
> LogMethod call generates a temp. interface variable for the result. FPC
> finalizes this temp. interface immediatly after the call because the
> result is not used. Delphi does this apparently delayed.

Correct, and that is how the developers of CodeSiteEx explained it.
http://www.ackerson.us/AckersonSoftware/Dev/CodeSite/CodeSiteEx/method_trace_magic.html

So is there still a possibility that this will be fixed in FPC, or is
Michael assumption correct, that it will not be fixed?
After all, this is a Delphi compatibility bug [just thought I had to add
that. ;-)].

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/