[fpc-devel] C++ linking questions

Anton Kavalenka anton.k at tut.by
Mon Mar 22 11:36:38 CET 2010

Jonas Maebe wrote:
> On 22 Mar 2010, at 11:19, Anton Kavalenka wrote:
>

>> Don't UNITS in Pascal intended to separate NAMESPACES?
>> But unfortunately this prevents nested namespaces.
>>

> The discussion is not about adding support for C++-style namespaces to Pascal, but for how to specify the C++ namespace in which an (externally implemented) C++ class is defined (as this influences the name mangling).

I understand :)

The most amazing thing will start later (during linking). In what order
runtime initialization should be performed (first Pascal the C++ or vice
versa)?
Obviously C++ object files has lots of references to C++ runtime so in
best case we get exe file with 2 runtimes inside,
in worst case we get crash on initialization.

Regards,
Anton