[fpc-devel] FPC_HAS_FEATURE_RESOURCES and packages ?

Martin fpc at mfriebe.de
Mon Jun 28 15:32:42 CEST 2010

On 28/06/2010 14:21, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Martin said:
>
>>> What compiler do you use? Recent FPCs from trunk define it.
>>>
>> I was using fpc 2.4.0:
>> Free Pascal Compiler version 2.4.0 [2010/03/31] for i386
>>
>> I thought that using the last release should always work
>>
> It always works to bootstrap. But the parts after the bootstrap (packages/)
> are only guaranteed compilable with the compiler of that same snapshot.
>
> So probably you compile a 2.5.1 rtl (and compiler?) with 2.4.0, but somehow
> also compile the rest with 2.4.0, while it should be 2.5.1.

yep, in this case it seems my fault.

I have my own batch file. As for example I try to avoid compiling the
examples (which I believe "make all" does). To me it's just time, I do
not want to spent waiting....

     make.exe  rtl  packages  compiler     OPTIMIZE=1 OPT="-O3 -Or
-CpPENTIUMM -OpPENTIUMM"   FPC=C:\FPC\strunc\bin\i386-win32\ppc386.exe

I ended up with that order, because if I recall correctly, make compiler
did need the packages, or something like that?