[fpc-devel] native fpc on arm

Den Jean Den.Jean at telenet.be
Wed Jun 23 00:02:45 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 22 June 2010 23:24:28 Florian Klämpfl wrote:
> > (This is normal on N900, it is called optify, do not know
> > why /opt/bin is not in path.)
>
> Just insert /opt/bin into the path?

this would mean editing a system file
like /etc/profile, I'd like to avoid that
in instructions, as apt-get upgrade might
not apply updates to modified system config
files as /etc/profile (I am not sure though, I am more familiar
with urpmi that saves config files to *.new ->
meaning updates to config files are lost in order to
preserve own  modifications.)

I you look at the /usr/bin after a clean reflash,
it is full of links to several opt directories, apparently
symlinking is the proper way.

is just ppcarm, fpc, fpcmake,fpcres enough ?