[fpc-devel] Slight calculation error in Bounds() procedure in Classes unit.

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 10:41:00 CEST 2010

Op 2010-06-09 10:24, Mattias Gaertner het geskryf:

> Bounds is used a lot in Delphi and LCL applications.

So for "delphi compatibility" we now need to duplicate Delphi bugs in FPC
too? FPC <> DELPHI.

This is just crazy! Where are we going to draw the line with Delphi
compatibility and actually implement something in FPC that is correct, not
vague and on ALL platforms not just freaking Windows (+ Delphi). Yes Delphi
is important (I get that), but so is FPC on other platforms. FPC is not
"Delphi for Linux", or "Delphi for Mac" etc. That's Embarcadero's domain.

In the last 6 months I found so many bugs in FPC, but every single one was
shot down and said: It's Delphi compatible. End of discussion! Well, Delphi
doesn't exist on Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, WinCE, Embedded Linux, Android,
iPhone, Mac, Haiku etc.. All platforms FPC supports too.

I give up... Lets hope Embarcadero brings out an excellent Delphi
x-platform compiler, then I can switch to Delphi and be done with it.
Clearly that's the goal of FPC - drive developers back to Delphi. You guys
should charge Embarcadero for your services.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/