[fpc-devel] Slight calculation error in Bounds() procedure in Classes unit.

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 09:59:22 CEST 2010

Op 2010-06-09 09:40, Mattias Gaertner het geskryf:

> Rect and Bounds work mathematically.
> A pixel has a size of 1x1 and Left, Top is the left, top edge of a
> pixel.

That is not mentioned anywhere in the docs so how are we supposed to know
what Bounds() is supposed to be used for. Also 99% of cases where TRect is
used, it's in a graphical aspect. ClientRect, WindowRect, GetClientBounds,
TextRect... and a million others. All related to graphics (and pixels on a
screen)

Maybe we then need a GraphicalBounds() and MathBounds() to distinguish
between the two, and remove Bounds() completely. Bounds() on it's own is
just to vague, and more often than not, its calculation of Right and Bottom
is incorrect based on (graphical) usage.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/