resolving namespace conflicts via project ? [Re: alternative aliases [Re: [fpc-devel] Re: [fpc-pascal] Re: Ideas for namespace implementation]]

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 14:53:47 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 23:21, Martin <fpc at mfriebe.de> wrote:
> On 27/07/2010 12:42, Martin wrote:
>>
>> Reffering to
>> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Namespaces#Mapping_Namespace_to_each_search_path

I think you have over-engineered it by far ;-)
I see two use cases:
1) Project uses libraries which are not part of the project's source tree.
In that case, it already have to contain config files or scripts
that somehow determine paths to the libraries and pass
it to compiler via -Fu switch
=> So you proposal is already adequate for this use case,
when the namespace alias changes, those config files or scripts must
change as well.

2) Project uses libraries which *are* part of the source tree
=> This is the case I wrote about in the nearby thread.
Maybe resolved using relative paths in aliases, but also would be helped
by path-to-namespace extension.

In any case, no need for UUIDs and other complications.

--
Alexander S. Klenin