[fpc-devel] Purpose of "uses ... in"?

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Wed Jul 14 18:54:10 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 12:51:29 -0300
> Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Mattias Gaertner
>> <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

>> > Me? I would rename my unit.
>>
>> Hum... Okay, but if this unit (Dialogs, in your example) is part of
>> another framework, not yours?
>
> I would tell the devels of the framework.
> And if they want to keep it, then I can not use both Dialogs units. I
> had not yet the case where I needed both and can not rename both.

Then, another example:
You want to work with ZIP and RAR format files. So, imagine you found,
on the net, 2 libs, one for each type format. The problem is each lib
uses the same name to main unit e.g. zip.pas.

Both libs are very used by million of people on the world and they,
the developers do not want to change the name of yours unit.

And now, you understood the little problem?

MD.