[fpc-devel] Re: TProcess, bash, and escaping quotes

Seth Grover sethdgrover at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 22:32:08 CET 2010

Well, even after playing with escaping various characters (like \, `,
and "), it still wouldn't work, so I came up with a hack that will
work for my needs.

In the case where I need to "bash -c" some command with TProcess, I am
now writing the command out to a file, then just passing "bash
/path/to/file" as the TProcess command line, then deleting the file.

Kind of a hack, but at least it works the way I want it to.

-SG

--
This email is fiction. Any resemblance to actual events
or persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Seth Grover
sethdgrover[at]gmail[dot]com