[fpc-devel] RTL and Unicode filenames operations.

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Feb 17 11:10:41 CET 2010

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 12:34:35 +0300
dmitry boyarintsev <skalogryz.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:
> > Reject as far as I'm concerned. I'd like to see the RTL being in the system
> > encoding. (IOW UTF-8 on at least FreeBSD/Linux) using an abstracted
> > RTLString.
> >
> > This sets a precedent.
>
> Could you please resolve the issue with "won't be accepted" (or no
> changes required)?
>
> The implementation is not only about RTL encoding, but system
> environment as well, since it depends upon Windows *W function to be
> available. But who cares about 9x these days?! :)

Notes:
- Comparison is wrong under OS X, see lcl FileUtil.pas
- missing a note that files with broken UTF8 chars can not be read
  under Linux. Maybe add a note where the system encoding file routines
  are.
- ExtractRelativePath works Delphi compatible, but always case
  insensitive, so not useful under Linux.

Mattias