[fpc-devel] TCustomApplication.Log(?)

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Tue Feb 16 17:38:44 CET 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-16 at 10:35 +0100, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> On Monday 15 February 2010 21:45:33 Joost van der Sluis wrote:
>
> > I think option two is the best one. Then I can use the TEventLog for
> > daemon and web applications. But I'm really interested in the opinion of
> > the Lazarus and MseIDE people.
>
> What is the advantage to integrate log facility into tcustomapplication
> instead to have log procedures and a log manager as a singleton in a separate
> unit?

Good question.

I had to think about it again why I wanted this. And it is because I
want to have a 'global' logging system available. But the application
has to implement it.

ie: I want to be able to log something in some fcl-units, without
knowing what kind of application there's running.
So that all applications can implement their own logging-system.

But that's also possible with a new global instance of some class which
can be overridden (and set) by applications. But that's a lot of work,
so I think adding it to the TCustomApplication is a good idea. (?)

Joost.