[fpc-devel] Fpsigprocmask

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Feb 9 09:19:16 CET 2010

On 02/08/2010 06:45 PM, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> The potential problems of FPC libc unit (packages/libc/src/libc.pp) is that it
> is not included in .deb packages by default, that it is i386-linux only, that
> it is not maintained maybe and that it is possible that FPC team will remove
> the file from the distribution in future.
> mselibc.pas is maintained by me, it is included in MSEgui distribution, it is
> Linux i386 and x84_64 and it will be ported to other systems by me if
> necessary.

Great for mseide, but not good for my Lazarus add-on package which
obviously will not be maintained by you. Same should use what the
FPC-RTL offers. At the moment I simply use the functions in the libc
unit instead of those with the same name from msesys, but on the long
run this should be replaced by the "new Linux RTL" as described by
Marco. I feel this would not harm when introduced in the mseide code
tree freeing you from part of the maintenance obligation.

Moreover a main the target of this package that enables applications for
"headless" hardware, obviously is non-X86 archs.

-Michael