[fpc-devel] RTL and Unicode filenames operations.

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 09:09:56 CET 2010

dmitry boyarintsev wrote:

> Would it be possible to fix the problem in RTL? by adding
> UnicodeString (WideString) version of file operation functions?

Until the cpstrnew branch in FPC is complete,  I guess the answer is No.

Alternatively you can introduce helper RTL functions. We have done similar
in fpGUI project (fpg_utils.pas unit), having functions like
fpgFileExists(), fpgFindFirst(), fpgFindNext() etc. Use them instead of the
standard RTL functions, and they will try and handle Unicode file system
access correctly on each platform.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/