[fpc-devel] RTTI unit

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Sun Aug 29 15:23:18 CEST 2010

  29.08.2010 3:46, Dimitri Smits wrote:
> What I want to do:
> Since Delphi 2010, there is a new unit in the RTL that makes RTTI more of a breeze. I'd like to port (meaning: compatible interface, fpc implementation) this unit to fpc-rtl. Initially port over what is there already. Later maybe include in the compiler stuff like scoped RTTI (not just published alone) and "customattributes" if there is need for that level of compatibility. Also, adding more methods on the current interface is possible too. It is more than just a readable substitute for TypInfo.
At the present state of fpc compiler it is technically imposible to port
delphi rtti unit. To do this you need first to implement the next
compiler features:

1. Extended records (methods, class operators)
2. Generics as in delphi
3. Attributes

Once I tried to implement extended records in the compiler but the
changes were too big for the time I had and I had left that idea for the
better time.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.