[fpc-devel] does fpc lock the fpc.cfg exclusive on windows?

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Aug 28 01:07:15 CEST 2010

  I got a strange error while compiling, saying that fpc couldn't open
the "fpc.cfg" file (sorry lost the exact wording)

The file definitely was/is there. And on repeated compilation all worked
fine.

Only thing I can think off: I was compiling to different projects. The
projects where completely separate, only the same compiler was used.
  I've done that often, and never had an issue.
But *if* fpc does lock the fpc.cfg file exclusively ( for a very short
time only, e.g. just open+lock, read, close), then there is the slim
chance of a conflict, and this error could be explained.

Anyone any idea?

Martin