[fpc-devel] [patch] fpdoc linear writer ResolveLink fix

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Aug 27 14:59:36 CEST 2010

> Yes, but I used fpGUI documentation only. For RTL, FCL I used LaTex and IPF
> output.

I'll have to digest your and Michael msgs and check all ends first before I
can reply in any sane way.

Till now, I fixed that routine also in a drive-by style, so it is time to
really dig into it and make sure there are no problems. However this weekend
is 2.4.2rc1 building, so it will probably be after.

> Any no it's not a IPF thing, and it doesn't affect unit names with
> underscores - fpGUI used underscores in every unit. Generating Latex, IPF
> or HTML documentation for fpGUI classes work fine at the moment.

I was more thinking about e.g.

identifier unitname.something
and unit unitname_something

clashing.

Of course dotted unit names will become a problem in time too.

> No, it doesn't affect any identifiers I could see. Again, fpGUI uses
> underscores in all units, and many classes or types have underscores as
> well.  If you know of an issue, please supply and example.

Well, there is no example needed if it is a fundamental problem. Underscore
is a legal identifier character, so using it as separate can introduce
clashes. As said, dotted unit names will be a can of worms too.

On the other hand, if there are no current problems, then at least it is not
acute.