[fpc-devel] fcl-web webdata ExtJS "total" field question

ABorka fpc-devel at aborka.com
Fri Aug 20 10:53:29 CEST 2010

...snip...
>>> I will add an 'AfterFormatResult' or so event; Likewise I will add a
>>> AfterRow event, so it is possible to append extra data to a row. I think
>>> we should do this for both XML and JSON, so the row/response elements
>>> can easily be accessed. The question is now, a) do I make this a
>>> TNotifyEvent, and make a Property Response/CurrentRow which can be used
>>> or b) do I pass Response/CurrentRow to a new event handler type for
>>> these events ?
>>>
>>> Doing a) means I can introduce it at a higher level, but b) seems more
>>> clean.
>>>
>>> Michael.
>>
>> Sounds good. For me personally, it does not matter either way, just
>> need to make this work :) . If we can intercept/access these
>> row/response elements in an easy way, I'm happy.
>
> I implemented b), see revision 15859.
>
> I also now add a 'rows' property to the error response object, so the
> ExtJS exception handling will work with 'remote'.
>
> I'm still doubting to implement an OnErrorResponse event. It may be useful
> for logging purposes, or to change the reported error, since there is no
> way
> to intercept that currently. What do you think ?
>
> Michael.

I will check it in the morning to see if I can change/update the "total"
field, definitely.

Some kind of built-in error response possibility would be nice too.
Right now I'm hard coding things like
Response.Content := '{ "success" : false, "message" : "' + MyErrMsg + '"}';
when there was an exception in my code or incorrect user entry was
passed from the client, etc.

AB