[fpc-devel] Wiki language

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 09:45:11 CEST 2010

Op 2010-08-20 09:16, Desmond Coertzen het geskryf:
> Hello,
>
> Who did the Afrikaans (AF) section of the wiki pages?
> Graeme was that you?

Yes. Every now and then I feel very patriotic and update some Afrikaans
articles in Wikipedia or FPC/Lazarus Wiki. :)

> I would like to contribute translations to any outstanding translations.
> How do I go about this?

Any help is much appreciated. All I ask, is that for every Afrikaans page
you create, please add the Afrikaans category to the bottom of such pages.
That way we can easily find a listing of Afrikaans translated pages.

The wiki text you need to add is:

{{AutoCategory}}
[[category:Afrikaans]]

1)  Use the '/af' suffix for Afrikaans pages. So it's the English URL +
'/af' suffix.

2)  To add the Afrikaans listing to the languages list (that appears at the
top of each page, you need to edit the language bar template for that page.
eg:

Create the afrikaans wiki page:
  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/How_do_I_create_a_bug_report/af

Then add the Afrikaans link to the language bar:
  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Template:How_do_I_create_a_bug_report

3)  Remember the Afrikaans category in the article wiki page.

To see a listing of existing Afrikaans wiki pages in FPC Wiki, go to the
following URL and scroll to the index at the bottom of that page. There is
a whopping 2 pages translated so far. ;-)

http://wiki.freepascal.org/Category:Afrikaans

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/