[fpc-devel] NoGlobals branch

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Aug 18 15:05:49 CEST 2010

On 18 Aug 2010, at 12:34, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> In contrast to the preceding OO approach, a bunch of ordinary
> procedures still waits for becoming methods, with faster access to
> frequently used class members. Should I try to convert the
> procedures to methods now, or should I wait until everything else
> has settled down?

Please polish and finish one self-contained part, get that reviewed
and merged into trunk, and then continue (or use different branches,
although then you will have to merge things and resolve conflicts). In
particular, do not concurrently change different things in one branch
(mixing fixes and/or new features in your refactoring, or mixing
different kinds of refactoring that can also be done independently),
because that makes it harder to review the code and less likely to get
anything merged.

Jonas