[fpc-devel] Internal linker question

Jeppe Johansen jepjoh2 at kom.aau.dk
Thu Aug 12 10:40:51 CEST 2010

Graeme Geldenhuys skrev:
> Why doesn't the Linux version of FPC (or any other platform for that
> matter) have it's own internal linker? Is it simply because nobody wrote it
> yet, or is there some other technical reason for not doing it?
I have made part of an ELF internal linker.

The main hurdle is to understand how dynamic linking works. Static
linking is "easy" enough

Here's the old code, if anybody is interested. I haven't checked if it
can patch any longer, and there might be some old arm stuff there too:
http://j-software.dk/elf.patch.txt