[fpc-devel] FPC 2.3.1 seems a mixed mess with Unicode support

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Wed Sep 16 17:07:50 CEST 2009

Jonas Maebe het geskryf:

> The way to implement stuff like that is to call the appropriate
> library functions. It makes no sense to completely re-implement
> everything in the RTL.
>
> Such API-calls can of course be wrapped by the RTL, similar to the way
> there are already function such as sysutils.ansicomparestr()/

Yes, I would imagine we have something similar to that. It would seem
the most logical and like you mentioned, keep backward compatibility and
speed for non-unicode RTL functions.

 eg: sysutils.unicomparetext()

Internally, this function could normalize the text first and then do
some comparison, etc...

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/