[fpc-devel] class abstract, class sealed implementation. please review.

"Vinzent Höfler" JeLlyFish.software at gmx.net
Tue Oct 20 11:27:51 CEST 2009

Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org>:

> It's not only not visible but neither accessible.

For good reasons, usually. Either there's a way to access it (properties) or it really is an implementation detail that might change.

> And if something is
> not accessible, it affects flexibility.

Yes. [That's one reason why C is so flexible, it doesn't have all this visibility shit... ;)]

The feature is called "information hiding". The times of "every identifier is global" are over, I suppose?

Let me put it this way:

"private" can be misused sometimes.
"sealed" will be misused most of the times.

The use-cases for "sealed" given so far were quite debatable, I think.

Vinzent.
--
Neu: GMX DSL bis 50.000 kBit/s und 200,- Euro Startguthaben!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02