[fpc-devel] class abstract, class sealed implementation. please review.

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Oct 20 11:22:30 CEST 2009

In our previous episode, dmitry boyarintsev said:
> > specially for minor features is more trouble then it is worth, since
> > eventually the Delphi syntax will have to be supported anyway.
> Agreed, and that's quite sad, eventual Delphi syntax support makes
> FreePascal actually FreeDelphi.

I don't measure FPC's identity on basis of the dialect alone. That is only a
carte blanche for unbridled extensions.

> About FPC syntax and new feature: fpc packages (afaik not yet implemented).
> I'm wondering, what syntax would be used to define an "external"
> class. Would it follow obj-p (objc branch) style? (adding 'external'
> keyword after class declaration).

Packages don't have external classes.  A package is fully transparent to the
program, IOW when linking to a package there are proper .ppu's and
everything, and there is no "external" link step.

See http://wiki.freepascal.org/packages for some explanation.