[fpc-devel] class abstract, class sealed implementation. please review.

Paul Ishenin ip at kmiac.ru
Mon Oct 19 08:49:38 CEST 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Bad example! :-)

Quality of this example varies according to the initial POV you have.

> I have the Nokia 5800XM. You get that "final model"
> in two flavours. Red and Blue (phone color and software theme color).
> Then you also get revisions of that phone. Revision 1 had problems
> with the speaker. Revision 1.x (or 2.x - I don't know how they
> numbered them) have those hardware problems fixed. So it's the same
> model phone N5800XM, but it has various differences.

Very good. Try to include all that differenced into basic class.

Remember:

TAbstractPhone = class
public
   property Color: TColor;
end;

TNokiaPhone = class(...)
public
   property Revision: String;
end;

So you have a class of TNokiaN5800XM and you can get plenty of instances
with your different revisions, colors, etc. Don't mix classes and instances.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.