[fpc-devel] gdb: "Cannot find new threads: generic error"

Martin Schreiber fpmse at bluewin.ch
Fri Oct 9 14:11:44 CEST 2009

On Friday 09 October 2009 13:49:14 Jonas Maebe wrote:
> On 09 Oct 2009, at 13:44, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> > What is wrong? Bigger gui-programs are working.
>
> Seems to be unrelated to FPC:
> http://forums.opensuse.org/programming-scripting/412939-gdb-unable-debug-ap
>plication.html
>
> Here is a hint as to what might be the cause:
> http://www.nabble.com/Cannot-find-new-threads:-generic-error-td19019624.htm

That means the linker removes libpthread.so and gdb can't work without?
"
program gdbthread;
{$mode objfpc}{$h+}
uses
 cthreads,sysutils,msethread;
begin
end.
"
or
"
program gdbthread;
{$mode objfpc}{$h+}
uses
 sysutils;
begin
end.
"
work. So I must remove cthreads from the console program template and hope the
users don't forget to add it if they use threads. Possibly a new effect with
binutils with the dynlib fix.

Thanks, Martin