[fpc-devel] profiling under windows

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sat Nov 21 19:51:57 CET 2009

On 20 Nov 2009, at 18:08, Paul Ishenin wrote:

> I have attached compiler gprof output of compiler itself. Using output I was able to find and improve(?) 3 functions I found in output.

Did you benchmark whether this changed code is indeed faster and whether it makes any difference at all for the compiler? Changing working code because it /might/ become slightly faster that way is not a good approach to keeping source code either maintainable or fast (especially not if it's done by adding more with-statements).

Jonas